[Homeroast] Does Coffee Bean Size Matter?

Clark Barclay pedestriancoffee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:42:42 CDT 2017

Hi William,
In my experience, in general, size doesn't matter (😂).

For example robusta and robusta hybrid beans are often giant, and not so tasty. Ethiopians are often tiny, and often delish. Then again, big Kenyans and Colombians are often tastier than the little ones.

There are some correlations, but essentially, that's like saying larger apples are better than smaller ones- there's just too much variation to have a rule.

Side note, cost is often related to quality and its score, but at this level (specialty grade), ALL are good. It just comes down to preference IMO. And you pay premiums for rarity in many cases.

- Clark