[Homeroast] Espresso workshop #40

French Lewis falewis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 11:21:04 CST 2017

Hi,

I just had to rave a bit about the Espresso Workshop #40 blend.  I roasted a batch to FC on January 4, let it rest 2 days and pulled a shot.  Incredible thick crema, and, intense dark chocolate flavor.   It isn't often my moderate skill and equipment surprise me, but today is one of those days.  It will be fun to see how the quality changes over the next week or so until I use it all.

My setup is roasting on an old (circa 2005) analog Hot Top.  My espresso kit is a Gaggia MDF grinder and a ROK Presso.   It took a while to figure out the technique for the ROK, but, I find it to be a capable tool with good beans and attention to technique.  For my tastes, my espresso is as good as what I can get from my local roaster/cafe, and almost as good as I've gotten from anywhere.   Note: I'm not trying to open a can of worms on this, just saying every now and again, I can pull a pretty good shot, while the pros can pull amazing shots all day long.

French

Sent from my iPhone