[Homeroast] Need Advice on Brewer

Robert Foster foster49801 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:43:41 CDT 2017

We're splitting hairs here.

So one problem caused all those failures? I guess I should have said they had problems with a ton of machines. If one problem caused so many failures, I'd say that was a "ton" if you will pardon a little hyperbole.

I believe, based on the 4 or 5 that failed for me, they had to replace, as you admit, many machines. (As I recall they had me send one of my failures to you for post mortem examination.) Whatever the cause they had to replace a "ton" of machines, which, to their credit they did for me without question.

If you also recall, the original carafe was poorly designed and impossible to pour without dribbling all over. Behmor actually sent out a new top for the original carafe that I had the pleasure of installing. So that's another, admittedly picayune, problem in addition to whatever caused the valve seat failure. Not a "ton" of problems perhaps, but more than the one problem you posit. On the whole, not unusual for the first iteration of a new and innovative product.

That being said, when the last of my replaced originals began making the buzz of death after 2 years I went and bought the Plus. I have nothing but good things to say about the brewer, the company, and the way they handled the original problems. I have great respect for Joe Behmor's integrity and business ethics. Assuming my present brewer lasts me 3 or 4 years, when it dies I'll buy another because of the great coffee it makes and the integrity of the company.

Thanks for the information explaining the problem with the original machines.

rgf