[Homeroast] Need Advice on Brewer

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:52:47 CDT 2017

I recently needed a new coffee maker for a small kitchen and went with the
Bonavita.  I really love the design of the Technivorm, but I couldn't
justify the price difference and the compact shape of the Bonavita really
fit my kitchen well.  I've been extremely happy with it, in most regards.
Most importantly, the coffee tastes great.  I love the pre-infusion
setting, for fresh roast.  My only complaints, and these are really small,
is that the lid pours slowly (first world problems!) and it is impossible
to get the final ounce of coffee out.  The shape of carafe means that last
bit will never pour out, even when fully inverted.  Not end-of-the-world,
but it's really annoying, when you want to rinse the carafe and then make
another pot of coffee.  Either you leave a little water in the pot or you
have to go try swabbing it out with a paper towel.

I gave the Brazen a serious look, but the footprint and height meant it
would dominate the tiny amount of counter space I had to work with.