[Homeroast] Need Advice on Brewer

Robert Foster foster49801 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 22:06:45 CDT 2017

My Technivorm sits unused most days next to my Behmor Brazen Plus. The Brazen allows extensive control over the brewing process: water temperature, pulse brewing, ability to specify length of bloom time, calibration for altitude, plus programmable start time for brewing. That, and the fact that once dialed in the coffee from the Brazen is superior to the Tech to my taste. The Brazen also costs less than the Tech.

I confess I don't understand the logic behind the "connected" version. What's the difference between pushing buttons on your phone as opposed to pushing buttons on the coffee maker?

BTW why do you think the heater is going on the Tech? Have you descaled it thoroughly with citric acid or the like? Maybe the heating element is just coated with calcium/lime and descaling would remove that. 10 years is nothing for a Tech.