[Homeroast] Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker?

Eric Cowan ecowan at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 15:56:34 CDT 2017

I have been watching this list for many years, but have never posted anything because I didn't have much to add.  That is about to change, I do know about the Wilfa!!
I bought it at Williams Sonoma for about $300, about three years ago.  It made a great cup of coffee, my roasts all tasted great.  It looked very interesting on my counter, and guests always asked what it was.  It was pretty quick, and very quiet, except when it first started up.  There was a loud buzz when I first turned it on.  The problem was that it only lasted for 18 months.  It would not turn on no matter what I did.  Williams Sonoma no longer carries it, or the filters for it.
I am now using the Kitchen Aid Siphon Coffee Brewer.  It makes an even better cup than the Wilfa for less than 2/3 of the price!!  I have used a stovetop vacuum pot, Chemex, French Press, Technivorm, etc.
I will be happy to answer any questions anybody may have.
Eric