[Homeroast] Gene Cafe question

Dave McCracken dcm at mccr.org
Thu Oct 13 12:55:52 CDT 2016

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:20:05 PM you wrote:
> My GC is usually set to roast at the maximum 482F from start to
> finish, with roasts taking 14-16 minutes depending upon the degree.  I
> like them light, husband likes them dark.

I also just set my GC to 482F and let it run, finishing in typically 15-16
minutes just before second crack.  I generally get first crack around 11-12
miinutes.

I also seem to recall a discussion on the list several years ago when the GC
first came out (and when I bought mine) where someone claimed that GCs vary
significantly from machine to machine in how hot they run and what the
temperature settings get you.  Several of the comments from that time seemed
to bear that out.

Dave McCracken