Greeven, John C (Juan Carlos, 3D Printing) john.greeven at hp.com
Thu Oct 13 08:18:03 CDT 2016

I too use the GF at full temp setting (482F) for about 14-15 minutes depending on the ambient in the room.  And, I am also after those bright qualities from east African coffees.

The question I have is how to manage moisture content.  I remember reading on the SM website that one needs to consider moisture content in their roast.  That is, that the roast should lose about 15% in weight due to moisture loss.

Questions:
1) Do I have this right?
2) If so, how does this play a role in the roasting advice we've been discussion on this thread?

I've used this advice as a guide for all my roast processes and this has resulted in driving these to be faster and higher temp.  For example, I use am iRoast2 for my east African coffee roasting.  I roast small batches (140g) in about 7-8 minutes using a 3 temperature profile.  In this way, I get the bright results noted above and the weight loss is kept to a minimum.

But, I'm still not sure about all of this so would appreciate some advice.

John

Message: 1