[Homeroast] Gene Cafe question

jcs at burlingtontelecom.net jcs at burlingtontelecom.net
Tue Oct 11 16:43:34 CDT 2016

I roast 230 gram batches at a fixed 455F setting.  I used to follow
Tom's recommendation of 482 to 1st crack then drop the temp, but I have
not found a significant difference in roast, or maybe I'm not too
particular. I watch the roast through 1st crack, then hit the cooldown
when I think the beans are almost done (goal for me is to roast just up
to but not including any 2nd cracks, unless I am doing French roast).
It typically takes around 15 minutes, but depends on ambient
temperature.  I love my Gene roaster!

Jonathan