[Homeroast] Gene Cafe question

p&k pnkk3 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 20:03:10 CDT 2016

I usually roast a half pound, roast it at 300 for 3 minutes and then up the temperature to 471 until 1st crack usually about 14-16 minutes in and then lower it to 456 for about another minute.
The reason I set it 471 is I was getting scorched beans at 482. The beans would look blackened almost scorched before first crack. I lowered it in stages until it no longer was burning the beans. roasting. After reading the posts I'm going to start watching for the temperature drop and see how that works.
Paul