[Homeroast] Gene Cafe question

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:48:06 CDT 2016

I typically roast about 430 grams of greens in my GC.   I set the temp to
315F for 5 minutes to warm the bean mass, then I set it to 482F until I hit
1st crack.  I usually hit 1st crack at around 14 to 17 minutes or so.  The
indicated temperature at 1st crack varies quite a bit depending on which
bean I'm roasting.  Once 1st crack is mostly over, I back the temperature
down to just below its then-current temperature (say, 452, but it could be
anywhere from 440 upwards). I time it for about 1.5 minutes, and then crank
it back up to 482F.  I stop the roasting typically right at the first signs
of 2nd crack.