[Homeroast] Grinder Thoughts

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sat Nov 19 23:59:50 CST 2016

Hello Larry,

Saturday, November 19, 2016, 4:44 PM, you wrote:

> I believe the SJ burrs are 64 mm...  they're definitely flat and I replaced
> them when I bought the grinder in Sep '14.  I should get ~20 years out of
> them.  I bought them new from an active list member who knows their stuff.

Some folks have said different burrs in the SJ can make a big
improvement.

http://www.home-barista.com/grinders/first-impressions-duranium-burrs-in-mazzer-super-jolly-t40506.html?hilit=jolly%20burrs%20titanium

It's a $65 risk. You might also check for burr alignment. This is
about aligning an EK43 but everything it talks about applies to
any flat burr grinder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-cf0Iack5Q

-- Ira