[Homeroast] Plugging HandyBrew

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:11:02 CDT 2016

I used my HandyBrew this morning. It is the smaller of the two models. I
usually grind as fine as I can get away with in a moka pot, but backed off
a few clicks this morning. I preheated the HandyBrew with hot water. I
dumped that water and added the hot brewing water (~360g), and then the
grounds (~25g; I wish now I would have thought to take a pinch of the
grounds to test for fineness), and very carefully pushed the coffee into
the water, with as little agitation as possible. I consider it all a
success; the coffee drained out quite steadily and completely, though I
didn't time it. I think I will start moving the grinder toward a finer
grind and see what happens.

Brian