[Homeroast] Plugging HandyBrew

Demian Ebert coffehound at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:30:53 CDT 2016

I am happy to report that adding the water first and THEN the ground coffee
seems to have solved the plugging filter problem. I always figured Sweet
Maria's Tip Sheets were proving the better way to do things, but in this
case, the actual instructions that came with the HandyBrew are correct.
Regardless, I think the key is to not over agitate the coffee once it's
added. Just stir enough to moisten and ensure that you are getting a
complete extraction but not create more settling than necessary. We're now
able to run the Ricky at about +31 from zero and get a nice body and
flavor. The best part is the cup is clean (no substantial amount of fines)
and there's no paper taste.

Good luck.
Demian