[Homeroast] Astoria auto-fill problem

sci scizen at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:01:00 CDT 2016

Mike,
Your hunch was correct! Thanks for the help. I got the auto-fill probe from
EspressoParts, installed, and all is going well now. Descaled  and
installed a new vacuum breaker valve. The machine auto fills to a lower
boiler level now, so I tried pulling the probe up .5 inch. Maybe this probe
is a touch longer?? I didn't compare to the old when installing.  When I
manually fill the boiler to the level I desire (kinda high), it reverts
back to a lower level. How does one make the machine auto fill to the level
I want?
One other question if you don't mind...what's the easiest way to change out
the portafilter gasket in the group head? That thing is hard and buried.

Regardless, I pulled some nice shots in my new triple basket with a naked
portafilter. Life is good.

Ivan

Message: 7