[Homeroast] ROK espresso ?

Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee byron at sweetmarias.com
Tue Mar 22 15:36:19 CDT 2016

Sweet Maria's tested one a while back and our shots ended up somewhere
between brewed coffee and espresso. I'm sure you could get close with the
right grind adjustment and lever pressing technique. To it's credit, the
build quality of the Rok is amazing and it reminded me of something you
would find in a restaurant's kitchen. I still use it on occasion to brew
over ice.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Jon Currey <jon.currey at pobox.com> wrote:

> Yes. Very frustrating experience for me. I have a la pavoni and Baratza
> Preciso at home and tried this for the office. I could not get anything
> near a proper shot out of it in a reasonable number of attempts. Makes la
> pavoni seem very straightforward. You're racing time to keep the water
> above tepid, which doesn't help.
>
> For travel I gave up on espresso, and take a 2 cup bialetti brikka. Great
> flavor. I grind with a porlex (jp-30, not the mini).
>
> Jon.
> On Mar 22, 2016 12:51 PM, "sallsup" <sallsup at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried one of these ROK hand-espresso makers?  (
> > http://www.rokkitchentools.com)
> >
> > It'd be nice having something like this when on the road - especially
> with
> > a Thor Tamper sized for its filter :)
> Forum</a>

*Byron Dote*