[Homeroast] Moka kadir roasting in Behmor

Jon Currey jon.currey at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 22:52:19 CST 2016

I can't really speak to the acidity, since I take my shots 1:1 with whole
milk, which cuts most of that out. But the flavor profile I got is in line
with the blend and SM tasting notes. I roasted another batch of moka kadir
(from the same bag I received from SM a few weeks back) right after I sent
my reply and got similar results again.

How does your roast look? Isn't too much acidity typically a sign of under
roasting? I let the moka kadir go to the point where small spots of oil
emerge after roasting on a few of the beans. Late FC+ heading toward
Vienna?
https://legacy.sweetmarias.com/library/content/using-sight-determine-degree-roast.
Further than I typically go with single origin.

Also, having eliminated your grind and brew, do you have some other green
beans to try out, to see if this is something specific to moka kadir?
Perhaps a single origin to keep things simple?

Jon.