[Homeroast] Moka kadir roasting in Behmor

Jamie Dolan jamiedolan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:58:39 CST 2016

Thank you again for the information you shared here.  I've made some cups
of black cat today, so I have a point of comparison fresh in my mind as to
what I can expect out of my machine / grinder.

I'd say the issue I have with my Moka Kadir roast is that I'm getting a
very strong acidic type of taste at the start of the cup, almost like it is
over-extracted, but I don't think it is as I cut it right around when it
blonds out.  Black cat seems to be very smooth in comparison.  Obviously I
know black cat is a totally different bean.

I'm making the assumption that this sharp / strong acidic taste is more the
fault of my roasting, as I recall Moka Kadir to be much more smooth in the
past, like black cat is.

Just though I would share my observation there.  I will try the roasting
tips that we discussed when I roast my next pound later this week.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards;

Jamie