[Homeroast] Moka kadir roasting in Behmor

Dean dean_schaffran at wildblue.net
Sun Mar 6 15:05:09 CST 2016

Hi Jamie,

As you may recall there are a couple of tricks for the (old) Behmor to
roast a little quicker--
do a 2-minute warmup, hit stop, & then load the green
prop the front feet up on a 1" thick block (or thereabouts) so the
elements are a little more under the drum
Some people used to recommend opening the door just a crack to
moderate the temp instead of using the "other" Px butttons

and finally, I went from 16 oz (450 gm) to 400 gm (14 oz) and use the
1# settings P1B and then hit Cool when it looks/smells/sounds right.

That said, it's been a while since I roasted anything for espresso, no
can't say any of this is an answer to your actual question. and of
course the controls/sensors/etc might be changed in the "improved"
mark2. Bless ETL and their meddling.

I've been thinking I should clean the Anita and do some MK or Liquid
Amber & have a few shots, so I'm hoping some great advice comes in
response to your question

Good Luck & Happy Roasting!

Dean