[Homeroast] This sounds reasonable - chill the beans before grinding

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Jun 21 18:21:16 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 07:50:24PM +0000, Janomac wrote:
> I had an Orange Glorious People's heat gun once. Like Ray's, it lasted
> about as long as the time I was able to sit and watch a Chinese Opera.

I still have a, yes, very orange heat gun that I'm pretty sure came
from Harbor Freight.  It got me through the first month or so of home
roasting, after I unexpectedly was given a sampler of greens for
Christmas back in 2009.  Still works fine, though I only use it for the
occasional reduction of heatshrink tubing and so forth, which was what
I had bought it for long before turning my thoughts towards the
browning of the beans.

--
In terms of utility rather than dollars, I can spend "nothing"
(which to a first approximation is the value of a dollar out of my