[Homeroast] Who am I responding to?!

Scot Murphy deppitybob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:56:50 CDT 2016

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 6:40 PM, Ben Treichel <J.W.Bullfrog at gmail.com <mailto:J.W.Bullfrog at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I use a hurricane lamp glass and tilt the popper about 15 degrees. You
> should decrease your bean load until it move is bit on its own,

I see three problems with this.

1) HOT LAMP GLASS.

Seriously. Those things get VERY hot, and as I saw today, they are fragile. I’m more than a little clumsy. I won’t take a chance on having one shatter as I’m trying to remove it or tilt it to get the beans out in time to keep them from entering third crack. Pyrex? Maybe. If I could find the right chemistry flask.

Scot “no no, that’s sugar crystals” Murphy