[Homeroast] WSJ article on old, stale coffee beans entering the supply chain

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 02:40:42 CDT 2016

At 10:11 PM 6/15/2016, you wrote:
>Eeeeww
. Now I know what ends up in those
>hotel-room ddrip coffee packs, and why they
>taste like filter paper. The little packets of
>Nescafe in European hotel rooms don’t sound so bad after all

I have to wonder if it explains why the whole
bean coffee I was buying at GFS (a local open to
the public wholesaler) suddenly turned bad.  They
had several Arabica varieties and roast levels
and while the flavor was a bit variable it was
consistently better than average and priced at
about $6/pound. It even had a roast date on the
bag.  But it suddenly turned bad about six months
ago and we stopped buying it.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI