[Homeroast] Cuisinart CPM-100

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sun Jun 5 07:47:20 CDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 08:35:51PM -0400, Scot Murphy wrote:
> I hope I’m not covering roads already well-traveled, but…

After all these years there are few paths left unfrequented.  Sad news,
I guess, if your interest lies in breaking a trail in the wilderness,
but probably not a bad thing if you just want to roast coffee.  One of
the more promising paths that's been tried by a lot of folks recently
combines a popper with another common kitchen gadget - a sifter.

http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5331

This seems (haven't tried it yet - so many ideas, so little time) to
nail the two most common complaints about popper roasting - too fast
and not enough capacity.  The thread is long, and one of the
participants gets dogmatic about it being about *this* popper and no
other, but ignore that - having a screen bottom isn't the point.  :-/

--
A delicate balance is necessary between sticking with the things
you know and can rely upon, and exploring things which have the