[Homeroast] Extreme Measures

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jul 29 14:26:16 CDT 2016

Hello Mike,

Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:48 AM, you wrote:

> I'm curious about this as well.  I have a dead gicar
> controller for my machine. Vendor replaced it under warranty,
> if it is repairable I can use it as a backup.

The most common failures are a relay or the transformer. You can
check the transformer by supplying power and measuring the
output, in should be 117, out should be 16 AC or something like
that. Then it goes to a bridge and a 7805 or something like
that. I've replaced a couple of transformers, a relay and one
bad bridge.

Conceptually, other things can die, but I don't think they do
very often.

-- Ira