[Homeroast] Extreme Measures

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:15:15 CDT 2016

Oh wow... I never imagined it would take that much.  I just have some small
packets laying around.  :)

I went ahead and ordered a new machine (La Spaziale S1 Dream) as I believe
my machine has a bad Gicar and I don't want to spend the $170 on one to
find out that isn't it or that it's not enough.  I know it has scale
because it was on hard water for a while.

The machine lived most of its life in Columbia, MO, but it's here with me
Garland, TX now.  My next trick is to see if anyone would give me anything
for it in its current condition.  Alternately, if someone had a known good
Gicar laying around that they'd part with cheaply (or even on contingency),
then I'd consider that.

I'd love to revive this machine and either get some actual money for it or
keep it as a backup/portable machine.  I just don't want to sink a lot more
money in it.

Thank you for your response, Ira.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:

> I would certainly try Dezcal or Calcinet. I use Calcinet because
> it comes in 1kg cans and my local espresso repair supply carries

it. Also, it's astonishing how much descaling solution it can