[Homeroast] Espresso Machine

Larry Dorman ldorman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:26:19 CDT 2016

Has Sweet Maria's all but gotten out of the espresso machine market?  I'm
looking to get a new machine and I only see two on their site. !?!

That said...  I have a budget of $2500 or under to pick up a new machine.
I want it to be something that is highly serviceable.  I'm good with either
HX or dual boiler.  I'm on the fence on whether to do plumbed or
free-standing, with the probability being that I go with free-standing.  I
do a lot of milk based drinks, so steaming quality/performance is
important.  I tend to make 2-5 drinks once to twice a day...  I don't mind
having to fill up the reservoir and dump the waste at the beginning/end of
each session, but I shouldn't have to stop in the middle of the 5 drinks.

I have a fair amount of clearance so any machine that isn't crazy tall will
fit.  (I'm replacing a Quick Mill Andreja Premium which fit fine, for
reference.)

I already have a capable grinder (super jolly in excellent condition), so
that shouldn't be a limiting factor.

Anyone have any machines they recommend for or against?