[Homeroast] spinn?

Sandy Andina sandraandina at me.com
Fri Dec 9 14:23:50 CST 2016

All kidding aside, if I were starting from scratch and had no coffee or espresso equipment whatsoever (or if more than one component needed replacing) I might consider it. The brewing technology seems quite similar to Nespresso’s Vertuoline and Originaline capsule brewers, only with fresh coffee. But most of us who would be inclined to buy it already have at least one electric and/or manual coffee brewer, grinder(s) and espresso maker (and a dwindling amount of counter space). I’m still not fully comfortable with remote app-controlled devices. (I don’t usually sleep with my iPhone anyway—insert pun here). All in all, though, what’s in the cup is only part of why we are coffee aficionados—the rituals and the manual skills are nearly as important. I use my single-serve devices (Keurig, Nespresso) only when pressed for time—and even with the Keurig, I use my own beans ground fresh cup-by-cup in a refillable EZ-Cup pod (with compostable filter liners).