[Homeroast] Grinder Recommendation

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 19:30:50 CDT 2016

First the MDF new runs more than $200 and he asked about sub $200 electric
grinders for espresso. That said IMO (and anyone else I know of serious
about espresso) the MDF might be considered a half-way decent grinder at
best. Its steps are greater than even Rocky which is also considered just a
half-way decent espresso grinder. When it comes to espresso the mantra is
grinder-grinder-grinder, the grinder is more important than the espresso
machine. A skilled barista (home or otherwise) can compensate quite a bit
for limitations of an espresso machine but far less for limitations of a
grinders lack of grind quality and consistency.

But I'm extremely picky with a target of exceptional not just passable or
even just good espresso.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/