[Homeroast] Astoria auto-fill problem

sci scizen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:42:23 CDT 2016

mike,
Thanks, I'll try that. I removed the probe, and it looks good, no scale.
However the fitting cracked, so I have a new one on the way from
EspressoParts. When it arrives, I'll install and see what happens. If water
is too pure ( I do have a filtration system on it, but it's been on there a
long time with no issues), I'll try an unfiltered source.

Ivan,

The simplest thing to check is the auto fill probe. If it's corroded it may
not be sensing the water level properly.

To troubleshoot take the connector off the probe and touch the boiler.  If
everything else is working the pump should stop.

Another problem could be that the water in the boiler is too pure and can't
conduct enough to sense the water level.

--mike