[Homeroast] Plugging HandyBrew

Demian Ebert coffehound at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:37:40 CDT 2016

Morning-
I got a couple (on the 2 for 1 sale) HandyBrewer's from SweetMaria's with
my last coffee order. I'm always sort of on the look-out for a better way
to make coffee in the office (currently using an AeroPress and while I like
the clean-up and taste, I want more volume). I like the Clever, but don't
like the flavor of paper filter that seems to permeate the cup, even with
pre-rinsing. I was hoping that using a metal screen in the HandyBrew would
give me a clean cup without that paper taste.

We've tried it a few times now and it plugs about half-way through the drip
volume. This morning I ran my Rocky on the coarsest grind and it still
plugged up about halfway done. I'm wondering if anyone has run the
HandyBrew without the secondary screen filter or if there's some other way
to keep it from plugging. I'm not going to sieve my ground coffee and the
grinder won't go any coarser.

Thanks for the help,

Demian Ebert
Portland, OR