[Homeroast] Older Behmor question

Bonnie Polkinghorn bonnie.polkinghorn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:05:11 CDT 2016

I know this is contrary to some people's experience, but for me, I need to
cover the chaff collector with foil.  I have a very old Behmor, from the
end of 2007, so it has the large style chaff collector.  I cover the entire
thing in heavy duty foil except for a small square so that I can see
through the window.

This shaved about 2 minutes off of my 12 ounce roasts and allows me the
freedom I need.  What I mean is that it shaved off 2 minutes to 1C.

I use some high temperature foil tape where needed to keep the foil in
place.

I replace the foil once every few months or so, whenever the time to 1C
starts creeping up.  I roast about 3 batches every week.  Mainly always on
P2.  You can try that, Hank, and see if it makes a difference for you.

-Bonnie P.