[Homeroast] Roast profile for Espresso on the Behmor?

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:31:24 CDT 2016

Frank:

I have the older Behmor as well.  Based on several comments, I decided to
drop my batch size from 12-13 ounces to 8 ounces.  So I've been roasting
pretty exclusively on 1/2P3A.  I do a 90 second preheat without beans in
the chamber, and then I roast at 1/2P3A.  That gets me to first crack
between 10 and 13 minutes.  My roasts usually end about 14:30-15:00
minutes.  I've also tried the P1 setting, but I don't feel like I get as
much body from those roasts.

When I was doing 12 ounce roasts, I would also use the same routine, but
would change the roast setting to 1P3B.  I tried P4 and P5, but I seemed to
have the best success with P3 for my tastes.

Greg