[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert: 3 from Nicaragua, Sumatra and India

Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee byron at sweetmarias.com
Fri Sep 25 20:02:56 CDT 2015

Hey Everyone,
We just added 3 great new coffees to the list. We hope you enjoy them.

*India Tree-Dried -Mallali Estate Amrita*
<https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/india-treedried-mallali-estate-amrita>

This coffee has a fruited sweetness with an earthy undertone. There's a
grain-sweetness flavor that comes through in the cup, toasted barley and
even a bit of honey-wheat bread. This cup cools well, with fruit flavors
you might expect from naturally-processed coffees: strawberry, wine grapes,
and hibiscus tea, offset earth-toned and grain-like sweetness. Definitely
one of the more complex Indian coffees we tasted.

*Sumatra Organic Buah-Buahan*
<https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/sumatra-organic-buahbuahan>

This coffee is really sweet, with burned caramel to cane sugar and a lychee
jelly-like smell. The cup has a layers of fruit - aspects of both fresh and
dried - and earth tones you might expect from Mandheling coffee. City+
roasts are sweet and bodied, and with pulpy fruit juice flavors, caramel
and butterscotch and spiced cider. Darker roasts show elements of red fruit
punch, tropical characteristics flourishing, along with a woodsy attribute.
The finish carries bittersweet cocoa and earth tones long into the
aftertaste. This will make an interesting, rustic-tinged single-origin
espresso.

*Nicaragua Ocotal -Java Cultivar*
<https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/nicaragua-ocotal-java-cultivar>

A nice sweet cup, with slightly rustic cane sugar appeal and refined fruit
flavors. We even noticed notes of Fruit Loops cereal. The cooling coffee
shows black, English Breakfast and Darjeeling tea flavors and plain old
Lipton with lemon. Subtle flavors of golden raisin, black currant, and a
lemon-lime 'tang' show too, along with a unique jasmine hint. Acidity is
also tea-like, mild and tannic, but a bit mouth-cleansing, an aspect that
holds on well into the aftertaste.

--
*Byron Dote*
Sweet Maria's Coffee Inc.