[Homeroast] Cheap HX or nightmare restore?

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Tue Oct 13 23:05:32 CDT 2015

Picked up a nuova simonelli Mac digit at a restaurant owners estate sale for $50. I really couldn't help myself. It functioned before being drained for storage 3 years ago. I pulled the element out and inspected the boiler, wasn't too bad. Need a new boiler gasket now before I can test it though. It will certainly be a fun project. I plan on posting in the forum about this as well. I will have to do something about the hideous red panels, wood and stainless would be really cool.

-Justin Schwarz

If there is anything worth doing, it's worth doing right.