[Homeroast] Question for Behmor+ Users

Bill Kendall pleiades45 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:15:47 CDT 2015

Ken,

I've been a Behmor user for over two years. I've had a fan problem (Behmor
tech support sent me a new one, no charge) and I needed a new circuit board
(I paid the $30 for it, but the tech department was great in keeping me
informed when it was on back order. They are very friendly and wnat to be
of assistance).

I upgraded to the new 1600 PLUS board when it came out and love it. To work
around the 75% shut down, I set my smart phone timer to 13:30 minutes and
start it when I start my roasts. Most all the coffee I roast is on P1/A, so
the 7 minute mark is 13;30 minutes into the roast when I need to hit
"START" to continue. A bit of a hassle I'll agree, but the upside is
getting two different temp readings to help gauge the roast along with the
smell. This along with continuing the roast by hitting "C" gives you an
extra 3:10 minutes of roasting time, if necessary And you can always hit
"COOL" to stop it at any time.

My encouragement is to give the 1600+ a go. I personally enjoy my upgrade
(I'm on roast #728) and hope to use it until it dies or something better
comes around. Like an old Ford though, as long as the tech department keeps
parts available, mine will continue to roast on...

Bill Kendall
Santa Rosa, CA