[Homeroast] Question for Behmor+ Users

Ken Schillinger Ken at whidbey.com
Mon Oct 5 13:40:49 CDT 2015

Hello, Thanks for looking.

I have been using a Behmor 1600 since they came out (one of the earliest
from Sweet Maria’s).

The roaster like myself is getting a little long in the tooth, and if I
can’t get replacement parts, will need to be replaced. I like the Behmor
1600 and would be quite happy using it toll the end of my days, but realize
it may not work out that way. That said; is the new behmor 1600# as straight
forward and easy to use? Tipically I roast with about 2C  by volume that’s 2
shy measures from the measuring cup from my Café Rosto. I do a 2 minute
preheat with the beans in the drum, hit off-hit 1lb roast P and run the
timer all the way up and hit start. I can then go about my business for
about 15 minutes befor I need to listen for first. The coffee usually
arrives at a roast I’m happy with with about 4 minutes befor the timer runs
out, then I hit cool.

My question:

Will I be able to continue with my current practice if forced to change from
the Behmor 1600 and buy the newer model Behmor 1600 + roaster?

Thanks in advance, Ken