[Homeroast] Hottop upgrade KN-8828B-2K+

Steve Hamm steve.hamm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:12:18 CST 2015

Not to carp too much here...  After owning a Hottop B for awhile, the
changes in the B-2K+ are very nice on the one hand, and "doh!!!" on the
other. I've only lost a few  batches to hitting eject when the deadman
alarm sounded. :(

I've hacked my Hottop to add thermocouples and HTC+TC4C, so I'm out of the
market for this anyway. It should have been obvious these changes were
appropriate years ago, certainly when the HTC became available (which is
the bestest mod for a Hottop ever).

Perhaps the Aillio Bullet is making Hottop nervous.

I really hope the photo of the probe positions is misleading. The lower
probe doesn't  look like it'll be near the bean mass.