[Homeroast] Older Behmor doesn't like 1# batches...period

Steve Jacobs steve.jacobs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:13:40 CST 2015

I've been roasting 1# batches in my Behmor for most of the time I've owned
it. Granted, you have to take special steps to get a pound up into second
crack far enough to get FC Plus, but it's entirely doable. I found that I
could preheat the batch for two minutes, press "off" then restart the batch
and increase the time to max. It does work, but it's a close thing when the
weather's extremely cold.

I installed the 1600+ controller in my old Behmor and now I can probably
roast two pound batches as long as I stay close at hand the entire time.