[Homeroast] Re; Behmor 2 pound roast

Mark Jones markjones420 at rcn.com
Thu Nov 5 14:34:41 CST 2015

John,    you can hit the "C" button at any time after after starting the roast cycle. The clock jumps to 3:10.   It does that both before the 75% and after, right down to 1 second to go. It always resets to 3:10.  No manual mode is necessary. But I have also roasted with other profile settings and the "C" button seems to reset the timer just the same.  I enjoy fiddling with the roast profiles, temperatures and timing.  But, mostly, I go with the cracks, the appearance and the aroma of both the beans and the smoke that is produced.

As far as Roasting versus Baking, I'll leave that alone.  When I first started using a Hot Air Popper for my first tries at roasting coffee, the beans went from green to first crack within 4 or 5 minutes and to second crack a couple minutes later.  Each quarter cup of beans was done within 10 minutes.

As far as taste goes, it is so subjective as to be almost impossible to define.  I do know what I don't like and that is 95 percent of commercially available coffees.  So, I use my Behmor 1600 Plus in a way that roasts coffee the way I like it.  I've learned what that is and how to achieve it, roast after roast. I hope others that own the Behmor will try this trick and see if it works for them.

Sent from my iPad