[Homeroast] For those of you too impatient to wait for roasted beans to rest ...

Jon Currey jon.currey at pobox.com
Tue May 5 10:53:09 CDT 2015

I recently moved up from Whirley Pop to Behmor 1600 Plus, and am enjoying
the big improvement in my roasts. I've been following the Ikawa project on
Kickstarter and went back and forth on whether to wait for it to become
available. The level of feedback and control over the temperature profile
looks like it could really help my ongoing education about roasting. But
yes, I would use a series of storage canisters, to let each roast rest for
2-3 days before drinking.

These guys have already delivered a big-brother version of this machine (
http://www.ikawacoffee.com/professional/), so hopefully this will ship.
It's amazing how many Kickstarter projects fail.

Is this the roast and grind project people are thinking of?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jimguldi/worlds-first-roast-grind-brew-coffee-machine/posts/1114218.
Apparently they are 'back on track' to deliver, nearly 18 months after they
took the money and with no delivery date promised. (Their machine 'only'
has 35 plastic parts, and will be designed to work at least 3000 times. Oy!
I wonder how many times me La Pavoni has been used in its 41 year life...)
The Ikawa machine looks to be a lot better made.

Jon.