[Homeroast] Question about a Gene Cafe

Steven Van Dyke coffee at svandyke.com
Sun May 3 12:42:19 CDT 2015

My Gene kept getting slower and slower on actually reaching temp /
roasting stage.  I followed the instructions online to open it up and
clean out the interior, which helped some, but the actual answer
turned out to be even simpler.
Take the chaff collector apart.  There are two layers of screen
material on the outlet and he won't *believe* the gunk that's built
up in between those layers.  Air just isn't getting through.  After I
cleaned mine it roasts like brand new again.