[Homeroast] Question about a Gene Cafe

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:34:14 CDT 2015

I don't have a Gene but just had a similar situation with my Quest M3. I
always put a vacuum cleaner tip on the exhaust vents after 3 or 4 roasts.
However the coffee became more and more muddy. A closer inspection of the
vents revealed gunk which had hardened in the vents. Vacuuming could not
remove it and the gunk was slowly closing the vents. I actually had to use
a small screw driver between the vents to remove the hardened gunk. My
roasts immediately improved.