[Homeroast] Question about a Gene Cafe

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:29:43 CDT 2015

Frank,

One suggestion is to first check all the variables possible other than
roasting. E.g., are the greens from Sweet Maria? Any change in the water?
"Still drip filtering"... if this is a drip machine, is the water
temperature the same (i.e., hot enough)? Is brewing time the same (i.e., is
water plugged)? Are grinder burrs sharp enough? (My suspicians lie with the
grinder.)

Another possibility is that the tastes of the people are developing, and
they have outstripped some component of the process, e.g., sub-par grinder,
sub-par brewer.

That's all I can think of. (I may have to take a month-long trip down there
to check it out in person.)

Brian