[Homeroast] Pod Capsules

Sandy Andina sandraandina at me.com
Mon Mar 23 21:39:15 CDT 2015

I've found brew size makes a world of difference in a Keurig. What will taste weak and watery in a 9-oz mug tastes balanced in the 7-oz. brew size; what is thin in the 7-oz tastes much stronger in the 5-oz. size and then diluted with a little hot water.
> On Mar 23, 2015, at 8:48 PM, Seth Grandeau <grandeau at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know the theory, that pods "should" be better.  But in real life, I find
> the pods to be, at best, flat, and at worst, weak and thin.  I've never had
> a cup that I thought was good.  I will take pre-ground starbucks over pods,
> hands down.
>
> But, in any case, no one is going to use pods as a stepping stone to really
> high quality coffee.  Pods are a stepping stone to instant.
>
> On a related note, has anyone tried the single serve machines that use
> whole bean?  I worked in a place that had these (sort of an industrial
> version of a Capresso Jura).  They were slightly slower than pods, but
> tasted significantly better.  That's a technology that I could get behind.

Peace & Song,
Sandy Andina
www.sandyandina.com