[Homeroast] Pod Capsules

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:48:58 CDT 2015

I know the theory, that pods "should" be better.  But in real life, I find
the pods to be, at best, flat, and at worst, weak and thin.  I've never had
a cup that I thought was good.  I will take pre-ground starbucks over pods,
hands down.

But, in any case, no one is going to use pods as a stepping stone to really
high quality coffee.  Pods are a stepping stone to instant.

On a related note, has anyone tried the single serve machines that use
whole bean?  I worked in a place that had these (sort of an industrial
version of a Capresso Jura).  They were slightly slower than pods, but
tasted significantly better.  That's a technology that I could get behind.