[Homeroast] Pod Capsules

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:29:36 CDT 2015

"but they actually taste markedly better than pre-ground packaged drip
coffee"

I'm going to call shenanigans on this.  I think the pod
taste noticeably worse than the pre-ground packaged drip coffee, if for no
other reason then the weak, thin cups of coffee they make.  I miss the days
of having the big pot of coffee at work.  Yes, it occasionally burned, and
it sucked if the last guy didn't put on a new pot, but when the coffee was
freshly made, it was decent.

Pods are all about convenience and choice, not taste.  I don't judge, I
just call it like I see it.  And, I don't see people going from pods to
fresh ground coffee, I see them going the other way.