[Homeroast] Security issues are not SM's fault

Mike Davis mldavis2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 17 13:02:50 CDT 2015

It has been posted before but I don't recall if it was on this group or not.

There is a problem with SSL/TLS in general, not SM.  Here is a link to
the US-CERT report on the problem.  It would appear to be a flaw in all
mobile device operating systems.  I would suggest keeping your software
and especially OS up to date, and use a desktop computer if you have
one and not order from a smart phone until the software operating system
vendors get their patches applied.  Both Microsoft Android and Apple
operating
systems are vulnerable.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2015/03/06/FREAK-SSLTLS-Vulnerability

Mike Davis