[Homeroast] Homeroast Digest, Vol 86, Issue 8

Bill Kendall pleiades45 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:31:06 CDT 2015


I have to agree with the previous poster: getting hacked happens, but SM
having 20,000 transactions in the last few months?? That's a LOT of
movement out of their corner warehouse. Couldn't happen to a better
business and group of people! Just don't grow so big that you lose what
makes us luv ya so!!

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 8:09 AM, John Nanci <john at chocolatealchemy.com>
wrote:

> Interesting.  I too had a cc issue (the first in more years than I can
> remember) but don't use Android or Chrome, so that is out.
>
> Regardless, it's an interesting coincidence (and that is all it could be)
> that I placed an order late last year and had my card compromised in
> January.
>
> But still, 20 out of 20000 transaction is very small (per their update).
> But damn, I knew SM was popular, but wow, 20000 transactions in the last
> few months.  Wow I say.
>
> John
>
> On 3/13/2015 12:24 PM, Rich wrote:
>
>> The cause of your CC charges my be a result of this:
>> https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2015/03/06/
>> FREAK-SSLTLS-Vulnerability  If you run a MS OS and use IE you are a
>> prime candidate to be hit.
>>
>> On 03/13/2015 01:01 PM, Sandy Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> I've been hit twice, once within month of Maria's notice and a order.
>>> Then again on a new replacement card used for a order couple weeks ago.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>>  On Mar 13, 2015, at 1:00 PM, homeroast-request at lists.
>>>> sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Send Homeroast mailing list submissions to
>>>>     homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>
>>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
>>>> sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>
>>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>>     homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>
>>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>>     homeroast-owner at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>
>>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>>> than "Re: Contents of Homeroast digest..."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Sweet Maria's Home Coffee Roasting "HomeRoast List" Digest
>>>>
>>>> Today's Topics:
>>>>
>>>>    1. CC Hack? (Larry Dorman)
>>>>    2. Re: CC Hack? (Brad Byford)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 1
>>>> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 01:28:44 -0500
>>>> From: Larry Dorman <ldorman at gmail.com>
>>>> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
>>>>     list,    available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
>>>>     <homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
>>>> Subject: [Homeroast] CC Hack?
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>> <CAKR+ur0ARFsw2uhyBpByWmtR-ZubKPx9BeEnnP=F8zwvbfRCPg at mail.gmail.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>>>>
>>>> So what's up with the chatter on Sweet Maria's getting hacked and people
>>>> having fraudulent charges on their credit cards?  It's being suggested
>>>> people started having faudulent charges appearing on their credit cards
>>>> right after shopping at SM beginning in December and even recent orders
>>>> also having this happen.
>>>>
>>>> Has anyone here on the list been hit?  I ordered in mid-January when
>>>> there
>>>> was supposedly a spike in fraudulent charges, but I've not had anything
>>>> unusual happen with my card to-date.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 2
>>>> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 03:45:24 -0400
>>>> From: Brad Byford <bbyford at charter.net>
>>>> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
>>>>     list,    available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
>>>>     <homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] CC Hack?
>>>> Message-ID: <AC0032DC-B69C-4580-988B-27C6B74AE8CC at charter.net>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
>>>>
>>>> I recently ordered a large amount from them last month and have had
>>>> absolutely no problems:)
>>>>
>>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>>
>>>>  On Mar 13, 2015, at 2:28 AM, Larry Dorman <ldorman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> So what's up with the chatter on Sweet Maria's getting hacked and
>>>>> people
>>>>> having fraudulent charges on their credit cards?  It's being suggested
>>>>> people started having faudulent charges appearing on their credit cards
>>>>> right after shopping at SM beginning in December and even recent orders
>>>>> also having this happen.
>>>>>
>>>>> Has anyone here on the list been hit?  I ordered in mid-January when
>>>>> there
>>>>> was supposedly a spike in fraudulent charges, but I've not had anything
>>>>> unusual happen with my card to-date.
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Homeroast mailing list
>>>>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
>>>>> sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's
>>>>> Forum</a>
>>>>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee
>>>>> Library</a>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Homeroast mailing list
>>>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
>>>> sweetmariascoffee.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> End of Homeroast Digest, Vol 86, Issue 8
>>>> ****************************************
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Homeroast mailing list
>>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
>>> sweetmariascoffee.com
>>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's
>>> Forum</a>
>>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Homeroast mailing list
>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
>> sweetmariascoffee.com
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's Forum</a>
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Homeroast mailing list
> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.
> sweetmariascoffee.com
> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's Forum</a>
> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>



-- 
Bill
Pleiades45 at gmail.com













<Pleiades45 at gmail.com>


More information about the Homeroast mailing list