[Homeroast] Restaurant coffee roasting in Cali, Colombia

Michael Rasmussen michael at michaelsnet.us
Sat Mar 7 18:14:09 CST 2015

It turns out a college friend owns a restaurant in Cali.
If you visit the website a short film will play that about 2/3 of the way though shows how they roast coffee in house.

And yes, I've had some great cups already.
The coffee place in the apartment building offers Chemex, French Press, espresso, vacumn brew, and pour over.
For the Chemex the brewer is preheated and weighed, the grounds (you have four choices of beans) are weighed in,
the water is weighed.  All this preparation to yeild our 2 cups of coffee for ~$2.50 total.

And we are in an expensive part of town.

If you've ever been tempted to visit Colombia, yield to it. This is starting as one of our great trips.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity