[Homeroast] Viet Nam

Frank Parth frank at fparth.com
Sun Jun 28 20:39:57 CDT 2015

I’ve been going to Vietnam every year for several years now to teach classes. If you’re in Saigon go to Ben Than Market downtown. You’ll see at least a dozen vendors with stalls selling various coffees. Mostly robusta, but a few arabica. If you ask what the best coffee in Vietnam is they’ll point you to shops that sell Kopi Luak.

One of the international development funds convinced the government of Vietnam a number of years ago to grow coffee, without any thought to the quality. Most of the coffees I’ve bought there are low quality and I rarely see green beans to buy. Almost everything is already roasted.

Frank Parth